BlogKnowHow apologies for the technical problems with the site. We are working on it and hope to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Free Social Bookmark Buttons for Blogger

One way to get your blog to grow is add social bookmarking buttons to your Blogger Blogspot blog. In an earlier article I wrote about the simplest way to place social media on a Blogger blog - that is to add an all-in-one Add This social bookmarking button.

However, as one size doesn't fit all situations there may be lots of times when you would prefer to add individual social bookmark buttons to your Blogger blog. That's why I have put together this list of useful free social bookmarking button sets. All are free to use on a personal blog and most have no restrictions for commercial use either but please do double check the license when you download them if you want to use the buttons commercially.

Best Sources of Social Bookmarking Buttons for Blogger Blogspot

128 Completely Free Icons Set
128 Icons available in 48×48px. Includes Social Media Icons such as: Design Float, Digg, Delicious, Furl, Technorati, Flickr, Stumble Upon, Twitter & more…

Web 2.0 Icons (23 icons)
23 freeware “iPhone-like” icons sized from 512X512 to 16X16 pixels. Includes Blinklist, BlogMarks, Delicious, Digg, FaceBook, Favorite, Feeds, FeedBurner, Flickr, Furl, Google Magnolia, Misterwong, Myspace, Newsvine, Netvibes, Reddit, Simpy, Stumbleupon, Technorati, Twitter, Youtube.

Socialize (12 icons)
12 high quality, free icons in these sizes: 16x16px, 32x32px, 48x48px, 64x64px and 128x128px and 32-bit transparency PNG file format.

Free Social Bookmark Icons for Blogger - Socialize Icon Set

Handycons (12 icons)
Handycons is a free, hand drawn social media icon set containing 12 icons. Package contains icons for del.icio.us, Digg, Mixx, DesignBump, StumbleUpon, Reddit, Developer Zone, DesignFloat, Technorati, Twitter and RSS feed & Email icon, of course. All icons are available in four sizes: 16x16, 24x24, 32x32 and 48x48 pixels.

Free Social Bookmark Icons for Blogger - Handycons


Handycons 2 (20 icons)
20 more hand drawn icons following on from the first Handycons set. Package contains Facebook, Blinklist, Feedburner, Flickr, FriendFeed, Furl, Gmail, Google, Heart icon, Last FM, Linked IN, Magnolia, Newsvine, PayPal, Skype, Sphinn, Twitter, Vimeo, Yahoo and You Tube icons. All icons come in four sizes: 16x16, 32x32, 64x64 and 12x128px.

Free Social Bookmark Icons for Blogger - Handycons2


Social Media Icons (26 icons)
26 clean looking free social media icons available for personal or commercial use.

Aquaticus Social (30 icons)
30 Web 2.0 social media icons in 4 sizes. Free to use on blogs. List includes popular icons like: Blogger, Delicious, Digg, Facebook, flickr, furl, Google, Ma.gnolia, Mixx, MySpace, NetVibes, NewsVine, Reddit, StumbleUpon, Technorati, Twitter, Yahoo!


Aquaticus.Social by ~jwloh on deviantART


Social Me Icons (30 Icons)
30 free iPhone-inspired icons that can be used on blogs and websites without restriction. 4 sizes up to 60x60px, 48x48px, 24x24px, 16x16px. List includes popular icons like: Blogger, Delicious, Digg, Facebook, flickr, furl, Google, Ma.gnolia, Mixx, MySpace, NetVibes, NewsVine, Reddit, StumbleUpon, Technorati, Twitter, Yahoo!


Social.me by ~jwloh on deviantART


Social Bookmark Iconset Pt I
Free Social Bookmark Icons for Blogger - Social Bookmark Iconset

Social Bookmark Iconset Pt II

Free Social Bookmark Icons for Blogger - Social Bookmark Iconset Part II

Ok so that's my current list of some of the best free social bookmark icons available on the net suitable for a Blogger Blogspot blog. This is a pretty extensive list to get you started but I will add more as time goes on and I come across other great sets. If you find what you are looking for here please let me know and if not I would be interested in that too.


Related Articles
List of Blog Know How Tutorials for Blogger Blogs
Add a Social Bookmarking Button to Blogger

Subscribe to Blog Know How by Email

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice sets of buttons. But I'm using Add This Button on my blog. I find very helpful articles on your blog and I've bookmarked your blog.

I like your blog and wanted to ask you that when did you start this blog and how much visitors do you get on this blog per day?
Do reply me at my email id:
farzan1992(at)gmail(dot)com

The Whizz said...

Mohammad thanks for your praise of my blog. I started my blog back in March as I remember but I think I backdated some of my posts. Officially I have been going about 6 months now. I will be writing some pointers on how I have built traffic in an article shortly so watch out for that. In the meantime I will email you as well

ichiziro said...

Great list of icon.
i need to ask something.
after downloading the icon, how do i put it on my blog?

The Whizz said...

Ichiziro you will need to select a set of buttons. You will need to upload each button image somewhere on the internet and take note of the location for each. Then use the code in my article about adding social bookmarking buttons to Blogger changing the URL address for each button.

speak_english said...

thanks for sharing, I'm looking over the web since 1 hour!!!

Dancechamps said...

Thanxxxxxxx!!

gunawan said...

thanks for social bookmark

Ecommerce Software said...

Great Buttons! I can say that it is hard to predict the type of content that will has the highest performance rate on the social bookmarking sites. The interest of the users is always changing from time to time.

Amrapali Sapphire said...

Glad to read your post... thanks for share..

Post a Comment